We went to a french restaurant recently to have a nice dinner. My fiance ordered a dish with a really delicious sauce and when I asked him, he said to me that it said Albufera sauce in the menu. I was now wondering what is Albufera sauce and how is it made?

asked 17 Oct '09, 01:56

Trynzh's gravatar image

Trynzh
61123
accept rate: 0%

The sauce is typically used with chicken or sweetbread. It is made by making a batch of veloute, then turning that into a supreme sauce. Veloute is made from clarified butter, flour, chicken stock, Salt and white pepper. You then mix the veloute with mushroom trimmings, heavy cream, and Salt & white pepper to make the supreme sauce. Now take the supreme sauce and mix with glace de volaille and red pepper butter (recipe follows) Puree some roasted peeled red bell peppers, softened unsalted butter, and Salt & white pepper. let stand in fridge.

link

answered 17 Oct '09, 07:39

Brady%20Mckenna's gravatar image

Brady Mckenna
211
accept rate: 0%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "Title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "Title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×69
×32

Asked: 17 Oct '09, 01:56

Seen: 9,040 times

Last updated: 17 Oct '09, 07:39

Part of the Recipe Puppy network: Recipe Puppy - Cook Thing - Food Guts - Recipe Labs

©2011 RecipeLabs