I was taught to soften corn tortillas before making rolled enchiladas by dipping them into heated oil. This introduces a lot more oil into my dish than I'd prefer. How can I soften the tortillas without using so much oil?

asked 15 Nov '10, 15:57

Steph's gravatar image

Steph
433
accept rate: 0%

On a dry, hot skillet is how we always did it... Warm up the skillet nice and warm and warm up the shells for about 30-45 sec on each side. Just like microwaved, ya need to work quick and roll them while they are still nice and warm!

link

answered 17 Nov '10, 22:21

Elizra's gravatar image

Elizra
1.4k2511
accept rate: 11%

You can put them in a preheated oven for a few minutes, or microwave them for 30sec-40sec. That will soften them, but you have to be quick how you roll them, especially if you used the microwave.

link

answered 16 Nov '10, 15:14

Lplate's gravatar image

Lplate
912
accept rate: 0%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "Title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "Title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×11
×2

Asked: 15 Nov '10, 15:57

Seen: 3,666 times

Last updated: 17 Nov '10, 22:21

Part of the Recipe Puppy network: Recipe Puppy - Cook Thing - Food Guts - Recipe Labs

©2011 RecipeLabs