Grocery store bakeries use a maple icing on their donuts. My question is, How can I get a recipe used by professional bakery's for Maple Icing used on donuts?

asked 08 Jun '10, 23:26

italymare's gravatar image

italymare
151124
accept rate: 0%

edited 10 Jun '10, 04:32

I know the icing you are talking about. The maple iced donuts are my 7 year-old's favorite.

Maple icing for donuts:

2 2/3 cups confectioners' sugar

3 to 4 tablespoons milk

1/4 teaspoon maple extract

In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and 3 tablespoons milk; stir well. Add additional milk to reach desired consistency. Stir in maple extract.

Yield: 1 cup icing

For the donuts, here's a link to a post on this site that I found useful before:

http://ask.recipelabs.com/questions/1494/donuts-home-made-recipes

I liked this recipe because it used butter instead of the usually called for shortening.

link

answered 09 Jun '10, 03:21

Elizra's gravatar image

Elizra
1.4k2511
accept rate: 11%

edited 09 Jun '10, 17:10

Thank you so much Elizra, I did try the above recipe and it is really good, but still searching for the maple color, flavor,and set up of the grocery store type maple icing used on maple bars and donuts. Thanks again for your response. Rita

(17 Jun '10, 16:05) italymare

Yeah, I was thinking about this the other day. Realizing how nice the maple icing (the brown color, mainly) looks on the store bought donuts. If I see/hear anything, I'll let you know.

(18 Jun '10, 18:30) Elizra

Elizra, You are theeee best! Thankyou.

(26 Jun '10, 15:12) italymare

Maple Icing for donuts

• 1 cup brown sugar (light, dark or mixed) • 1/2 cup butter, room temp • 1/4 cup milk • 2 cups powdered sugar • 2 teaspoons maple flavoring or to taste

• In a medium saucepan, add 1/2 cup butter and 1 cup brown sugar and bring it to a boil. Once it starts bubbling, add in the 1/4 cup of milk and bring up to a boil, stirring frequently to create an even mixture. As soon as it starts boiling again, remove the pot from heat and add in the powdered sugar and maple flavoring. Beat with a wooden spoon until it is smooth. This is a fast setting icing. If it begins to set, I stir it rapidly again. Enjoy!

link

answered 02 Jul '12, 21:44

Grammavw's gravatar image

Grammavw
1
accept rate: 0%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "Title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "Title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×124
×45
×8
×3

Asked: 08 Jun '10, 23:26

Seen: 11,227 times

Last updated: 02 Jul '12, 21:44

Part of the Recipe Puppy network: Recipe Puppy - Cook Thing - Food Guts - Recipe Labs

©2011 RecipeLabs