I forgot to set the timer or look at the clock when I was boiling eggs and therefore wasn't sure when to take the eggs out. The center in one that I opened is not fully cooked to my liking. They have already been cooled and in the refrigerator for a day. Can I re-boil the rest of the eggs so that the centers are fully cooked?

On a side note: How long can you keep hard boiled eggs in the refrigerator?

asked 12 Apr '10, 05:16

Sabrina's gravatar image

Sabrina ♦
1.5k5821
accept rate: 14%

@Sabrina - So what did you do and how did they turn out?

(21 Apr '10, 23:52) Ikkle Becca

I didn't end up re-boiling them. I had wanted to use them for deviled eggs, but I didn't think they would look right. I did eat a couple as an egg salad sandwich and it tasted fine, but then I ended up throwing the rest away. :)

(03 May '10, 05:31) Sabrina ♦

So this is without Internet research, just from personal experience...

I assume the one you already opened was soon after cooking, not after refrigerating? I think they should be OK, and I certainly don't think I would attempt to cook them again. The yolk will have hardened up a bit in the fridge and, on a plus point, they won't be dry and crumbly as they can go after over cooking hard boiled eggs. I suggest you try one and if you really don't like how they've turned out, buy and cook some more - it's not as if eggs are all that expensive!

I have kept hard boiled eggs in the fridge for up to a week after cooking - generally for making egg mayo sandwiches - and they have always been fine. Just make sure you know which eggs in your fridge are cooked and which are still fresh!

link

answered 13 Apr '10, 14:34

Ikkle%20Becca's gravatar image

Ikkle Becca
1.9k7813
accept rate: 22%

what if the eggs are already cooked and not done inside but are crscked

link

answered 18 Apr, 20:49

doc's gravatar image

doc
1
accept rate: 0%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "Title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "Title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×20
×8
×4
×1

Asked: 12 Apr '10, 05:16

Seen: 8,636 times

Last updated: 18 Apr, 20:49

Part of the Recipe Puppy network: Recipe Puppy - Cook Thing - Food Guts - Recipe Labs

©2011 RecipeLabs