I absolutely love guacamole but I have heard that it is extremely fattening. I just wondered if it is okay for me to have a small serving each day?

asked 26 Nov '09, 05:39

user-725%20%28google%29's gravatar image

user-725 (go...
312
accept rate: 0%

edited 26 Jan '10, 03:16

Ikkle%20Becca's gravatar image

Ikkle Becca
1.9k7813

Gaucamole is completely okay to eat on a diet where you can eat some fats, since, like others have said, it is a good fat. Proportions is key, so not more than a 1/4 of an avocado worth in one day is likely a good guideline. Make sure to use other healthy (especially low sodium) ingredients to keep its health level up.

And it makes a great, tasty ingredient/condiment to add to food that might otherwise feel dull and "diety."

link

answered 26 Nov '09, 09:52

RobinS's gravatar image

RobinS
2263410
accept rate: 0%

Absolutely! Guacamole is very healthy. It contains the good kind of fat that your body needs. Also it is very high in omega 3's.

link

answered 27 Nov '09, 02:56

julwheaton's gravatar image

julwheaton
159313
accept rate: 0%

I honestly don't think it will hurt if you just a have a little bit each day, guacamole is extremely fattening because avocados are extremely fattening, of course they are also the good kind of fat; the fat your body needs, like peanut butter. You may want to cut out on other fats you have throughout the day just to be safe though.

link

answered 26 Nov '09, 06:52

Redhdchic24's gravatar image

Redhdchic24
20111
accept rate: 0%

It is okay to eat guacamole, however it is important that you eat it in small portions. Indeed, proportions are key!

link

answered 26 Nov '09, 07:21

Brandon%20Watson's gravatar image

Brandon Watson
111
accept rate: 0%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "Title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "Title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×21
×17
×2

Asked: 26 Nov '09, 05:39

Seen: 9,890 times

Last updated: 26 Jan '10, 03:16

Part of the Recipe Puppy network: Recipe Puppy - Cook Thing - Food Guts - Recipe Labs

©2011 RecipeLabs