Grandma made the best 3 Minute eggs or soft boiled and I would like to make them myself. How can I make them correctly.

asked 14 Oct '09, 21:18

Cari's gravatar image

Cari
11
accept rate: 0%

edited 15 Oct '09, 19:49

Kris's gravatar image

Kris ♦♦
1.1k5713

I learned this from my mother. Put water in a small pot and get the water boiling. Carefully put the egg(s) into the water. Set the timer for three minutes. When the timer goes off dump all of the water out of the pan and fill with cold water so the eggs stop cooking.

link

answered 18 Oct '09, 22:57

godsdragonslayr's gravatar image

godsdragonslayr
111
accept rate: 0%

I've actually never tasted a 3 minute egg. But this is a great recipe and is super quick. Allow eggs to sit out and reach room temperature. (This is usually 15 to 20 minutes- just out on the counter). Place eggs gently into a small saucepan. Be careful not to crack the shells. Add only enough cold water to cover the egg. Cover with a tight fitting lid. Turn the heat all the way up and allow to boil. Once the water comes to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer. Allow the eggs to cook for 3 minutes in the simmering water. Remove eggs from pan and run under very cold water. Peel and serve.

link

answered 14 Oct '09, 21:49

lilsexychick6904's gravatar image

lilsexychick...
712
accept rate: 0%

My mom made the best 3 minute egg, also known as a smashed egg. Let water come to boil. Put egg in boiling water for exactly 3 minutes. At 3 minutes, drain hot water and replace with cold water. Crack side with a knife and spoon out the egg ( whites will be completely done with yellow runny). Place in bowl and smash with fork. Salt to taste.

link

answered 06 Mar '13, 01:12

Annci's gravatar image

Annci
1
accept rate: 0%

Get out eggs and bring to room temp. A faster way is to put the eggs in tap water. Put the eggs in a pan of water, bring water to a boil and time for 3 minutes. Take out immediately with tongs and place in an egg cup. Use a small spoon (baby spoon with rubber peeled off works best) and tap with the edge of the spoon around the top crown of the egg. Gently peel off the top. Salt and pepper to taste and dig in. I liken this to eating a fried sunny side egg (without the frying) in a shell. It is the best. I first had 3-minute eggs living in Europe and after coming to back to the States, people look at me like I'm crazy. They wanna bring it to me served outside the shell and smashed. GROSS. Cold eggs are the worst. You have to eat 3-minute eggs HOT, and in the shell.

link

answered 22 Feb, 10:22

Heaven's gravatar image

Heaven
1
accept rate: 0%

This sounds like a great idea than fried eggs. I cannot wait to try this out in the morning. Thank you so much for the idea.

link

answered 22 May, 20:47

jojb4kittykitty's gravatar image

jojb4kittykitty
111
accept rate: 0%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "Title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "Title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×27
×20
×13
×8
×2

Asked: 14 Oct '09, 21:18

Seen: 34,065 times

Last updated: 22 May, 20:47

Part of the Recipe Puppy network: Recipe Puppy - Cook Thing - Food Guts - Recipe Labs

©2011 RecipeLabs