I like the taste of baked fish but tend to cook it too long. For a thin fish like tilapia, how long should it bake?

asked 14 Oct '09, 19:20

user-58%20%28yahoo%29's gravatar image

user-58 (yahoo)
413
accept rate: 0%

It really varies on the fish you are baking.

A lighter fish like Tilapia, takes only a few minutes per side, and usually not more than 18 minutes.

If I am doing a thicker piece of fish, such as swordfish, or mahi-mahi, I find it takes a about 12 to 15 minutes a side. You need to cut into the fish and make sure its cooked all the way through

On the grill it will take about 15 minutes per side as well. If I am using a griddler where it cooks both sides at once, I can estimate the time to be about half (12 to 15 minutes.)

Hope this helps.

link

answered 15 Oct '09, 20:07

oneandonemakesix's gravatar image

oneandonemak...
6533211
accept rate: 4%

A thin fish like Tilapia should take no longer than 18 minutes. To test it try flaking it with a fork as soon as it does so easily it is done. If you bake it wrapped in foil or parchment paper it takes about and extra 5 minutes.

link

answered 14 Oct '09, 21:14

Mary's gravatar image

Mary
136123
accept rate: 40%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "Title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "Title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×11

Asked: 14 Oct '09, 19:20

Seen: 1,890 times

Last updated: 15 Oct '09, 20:07

Part of the Recipe Puppy network: Recipe Puppy - Cook Thing - Food Guts - Recipe Labs

©2011 RecipeLabs