I'm allergic to yogurt and need a good substitute.

asked 18 Oct '09, 10:20

RWest's gravatar image

RWest
212
accept rate: 0%

I would say the best substitute for yogurt would be sour cream if you are not allergic to all dairy products.

link

answered 27 Nov '09, 04:12

julwheaton's gravatar image

julwheaton
159313
accept rate: 0%

If you're not allergic to all dairy, then you could try using sour cream. If you are allergic to all dairy I would suggest maybe looking for some soy yogurt or you could use a mashed banana, applesauce or maybe even some silken tofu.

link

answered 18 Oct '09, 10:57

Julia's gravatar image

Julia
48112
accept rate: 5%

Depends on what exactly you're allergic to in yogurt. If it's the dairy, going for soy yogurt would work. If it's the microorganisms, you may be able to tolerate Kefir, which is easier for people to digest and has different microorganisms from yogurt.

link

answered 18 Oct '09, 10:57

AnnaRaven's gravatar image

AnnaRaven
59219
accept rate: 9%

If you are allergic to all dairy, I would suggest some silken tofu and then blend it smooth. If you can have dairy, just not yogurt, I would suggest putting cottage cheese in a food processor and blending till smooth, it gives a much more neutral flavor than sour cream.

link

answered 18 Oct '09, 21:57

Christina%20S's gravatar image

Christina S
176113
accept rate: 6%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "Title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "Title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×30

Asked: 18 Oct '09, 10:20

Seen: 8,182 times

Last updated: 25 Dec '09, 05:23

Part of the Recipe Puppy network: Recipe Puppy - Cook Thing - Food Guts - Recipe Labs

©2011 RecipeLabs